Update: We have a winner, ladies and gentlemen!
“Katie: We need to get together and catch up. There are coffeeshops in Korea… interested??!”
Shoot me a message, Katie, and we’ll pop your prize in the mail. Thanks for playing!
To celebrate the absolute absurdity that has surrounded us all this election year, I decided to join in the nonsense and host a Presidential Giveaway.
So, without further adieu, I present to you the 44th President of the United States — with green hair:
Consider it my gift to your funny bone.
Because what is more hilarious than a Chia Pet of our Commander-in-Chief?
Lots of things.
Relax, my politically-sensitive friends, we’re giving away a Romney one too (probably next week). And if they made one for Roseanne, I’d give that away. But they don’t. So I won’t try to find one that seems “Roseanne-ish”, because I’m afraid of what I might come up with, to be honest.
It’s a thing of beauty, my friends, when horticulture and politics combine.
I’m paying for this giveaway, so please don’t write hate mail to the Chia Pet people if it doesn’t grow to your expectations. Actually, please don’t send hate mail to me either.
How to Enter
- Please leave a comment below that has absolutely nothing to do with the upcoming election. If you so much as THINK about talking about the debates, I’ll pull this blog over so fast… (But, seriously, I legally have to count every entry, so these parameters are just mind-numbing nonsense. Kind of like C-SPAN.)
- The giveaway begins Wednesday, October 10 and ends Thursday, October 11 at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
- Winner announced Friday via all my social networking outlets and through this here compilation of nonsense called my blog.
- Please provide a valid email address in your entry so I can annoy you that way if you don’t respond to me via social media or on this blog.
- Winner must respond within one week from the winner announcement on Friday, October 12, or my feelings will be hurt. Also, we’ll find another random winner to receive the prize.
- If no Obama Chia Pet is available (GASP!) when the winner claims the prize, I will choose a comparable alternative. Possibly a SpongeBob one.
- One entry per person, please. Don’t be greedy.
- Sorry, but you can’t enter if you’re in my immediate family, not a legal, U.S. resident, and not 18 or older.
- Can we PLEASE elect some government officials who will reform our legal system so I don’t have to write all this ridiculous crap to give my friends some free stuff? For Pete’s sake!
Thanks so much for laughing with me every day (assuming you are). Y’all make this so much fun!
If you missed them, I’d love for you to check out my interviews with the Obamas and the Romneys.
Crap Stuff: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The Promotion is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. I received NO products from Joseph Enterprises for myself or for the winner. This post reflects my views and opinions and was not reviewed or edited by a third party. I am disclose this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising” — even though this is NOT an advertisement. This is pretty much overkill.
Obama Chia Pet photo used with permission from Joseph Enterprises. Thanks, y’all!